Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1984)
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1982)
Ingeniero Electromecánico or. Mecánica
en la Facultad de Ingeniería de la Universidad de Buenos Aires (1974)
- Partner of SIM&TEC – Simulation and Technology (www.simytec.com) (2007 - …)
- Full Professor of Computational Mechanics (Part-time), Department of Mechanical Engineering, Engineering School, Universidad de Buenos Aires (1997 - ...)
- Contract with the Argentine National Council for Science and Technology (CONICET) to organize and start-up the Center for Computer Simulation for Technological Applications and the cluster TUPAC at the Scientific – Technological Center at Giol, Buenos Aires (2012-2015)
- Visiting Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University (January- March 2010)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Argentina´s National Agency for Science and Technology (2009 - 2010)
- General director of the Tenaris-Siderca Research Center (1995-2007)
- Researcher in the Tenaris-Siderca research center (1985-1995)
- Researcher in ADINA R&D (MA, USA) (1984-1985)
- Research assistant at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT (1981-1984)
- Visiting Professor at other Argentine and overseas universities.
- Award “Houssay Trajectory 2013”, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Argentina. Area. Engineering, Architecture and Informatics (2014).
- Argentine Association for Computational Mechanics, Award of the Teaching, Professional and Scientific Trajectories, 2010.
- Edward Laroque Tinker Visiting Professor – Stanford University – Winter Term 2009-2010.
- Emerald Literari Network, Highly Commended Award 2008 for the paper: R.G. Toscano and E.N. Dvorkin, “A shell element for finite strain analyses. Hyperelastic material models”, Eng. Comput., Vol.24, pp. 514-535, 2007.
- KONEX FOUNDATION award in Science and Technology for the decade 1993 - 2002. Merit Diploma in the field: Technological Development, 2003.
- Fellow of the International Association for Computational Mechanics. (1998)
- Fellow of the Argentine Academy of Sciences. (1996 - ...)
- KONEX FOUNDATION award in Science and Technology for the decade 1983 - 1992. Merit Diploma in the field: Electronic Engineering and Communications Engineering and Computational Engineering, 1993.
- Two books, over 50 publications in international refereed journals, over 70 publications in international conferences, 2 chapters in books and over 15 publications on science and technology policies.
- Bibliographic indices from Google Scholar; h-index: 29 i10-index: 50 Citaciones: 6232